Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pompeii Reflections

I thought that Yo's blog post about Pompeii was excellent. I really liked how he discussed the four styles of art. He described them as first painted stucco, second architectural, third painted scenarios, and fourth large, representational scenes. What I found most interesting and helpful in understanding these four styles were the great pictures he found to represent each. The pictures really showed what he was describing and made it very easy to understand.

I also looked at Rose's blog post on Pompeii. I thought it was great that she focused on the art as well rather than the destruction of the city. It seems like when people talk about Pompeii they only think of the ruins that remain of the city, but it is interesting to hear about the city that existed for quite a while before it was destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment