Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ancient Egypt Blog Reflections

The first blog entry I read this week was Emily's. I really liked the connection she made between the Egyptian structures and residential homes. In many instances modern day homes have a cellar, or basement, and until very recently when open floor plans became popular, houses were separated into multiple rooms for different functions.  I also thought that the pictures she chose to include of modern day applications were really good and showed really well how aspects of Ancient Egyptian culture are used today.

I also read Katie's blog this week. I thought it was great that she focused on how the Egyptian's drew on their natural environment. They based art on their surroundings, as well as architecture and building which was greatly influenced by the natural materials they had available. In some cases they would use the Nile to transport materials for use in their buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment